Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Blue gown musings

December 10, 2008

I've been thinking about the Blue Taffeta gown again, something I haven't had the chance to work on in a while due to lack of funds. The gown is actually something I was making for a friend, and since they are getting a free gown, I think that gives me a little bit of a right to use them as a guinea pig. :p I'm already really comfortable with the bodice drafting instructions from The Renaissance Tailor's website, and now that I've found the wonderful article on The Elizabethan Seam, I want to try my hand at it. So, the blue gown is turning into an exercise in historical accuracy. It will be the first gown that will be sewn entirely by hand, so I'm hoping that my stitches will be strong enough. And, since I'm a little burned out on all my current projects, I'll probably start on this pretty soon, just to see how it goes. Is it silly that I'm really excited about using historically accurate seams?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr