Well, I spent some time starting at the portrait of Madame de Pompadour, and I know now that I don't have enough of the red satin to pull it off. So, I'm back to either a mantua or a saque. I'm leaning away from the saque because I went a little saque crazy a few years ago and made about half a dozen of them. I only have one mantua (that I never finished), so I'm leaning more toward that than anything else, with maybe the embellishments inspired by the Pompadour portrait. I still don't know quite yet.
In other news, the trim arrived for the Viking Cloak, which means I should have it finished up and shipped out soon. (Not before I take pictures, of course!) Because he didn't have the length I needed in one big piece, he sent me some extra yardage to make up for it, which was really nice. I think that I'll use the extra on the spare green taffeta bodice I discovered. It's very, very Medieveal trim, so it might look a little strange on an Elizabethan bodice. It's making me a bit iffy on whether or not to use it. The colours are fantastic, though. Yurg. I hate to look a gift trim in the proverbial mouth, but...buh. I know it would bother me if I saw it on someone else's bodice, so I really shouldn't do it. Blah.
Anyway, embroidery on the green taffeta bodice (the first bodice) has resumed, now that I've finally decided on a blackwork pattern. I started on the outline stitch last night and will get started on the actually pattern tonight. ^^