Monday, December 22, 2008

Lolita Bible & Christmas Cosplay Musings

So, I had a very exciting weekend. On Saturday, Mel and I headed to Plano for the Lolita Christmas Party. The bakery was cute and nicely decorated, but there were few sweets and the tea sandwiches and salad were terrible. Still, we had a fun time. The wonderful SkyPirate was there taking pictures, and there will be an article and pictures in the next issue of Gothic&Lolita Bible America! I'm extremely excited, I can't wait to see the magazine!
Here are a couple of the pics from SkyPirate, more are on his website :


After the Lolita party, we headed back to Mel's for her Mom's Christmas Party, which was a blast. We went back to Mel's afterwards and looked at some of her cosplay books, in particular her copy of the glamour issue of Cosmode. It made me think about my anime cosplays that are sitting sad and neglected all around the house. Namely, Caterina, Saber, and Ashlotte. A little of Calamity Jane and Eise Hexe from Trinity Blood, cosplays I've been planning for a while but haven't gotten around to yet. Then, while cleaning out a project basket earlier, I came across several yards of black suiting material, and I cannot, for the life of me, remember what I bought it for. So, I think it's going to be used for Eise Hexe. I have all of the materials to make the costume, I just have to actually do it.
In other news, the embroidery on my green court gown is progressing nicely. I managed to get my hands on some new embroidery thread and continue working on the centre front. I'm one panel away from finishing up, then I can work on the neckline, which shouldn't take too long. I can't wait to get this bodice finished, it's been in-progress for far too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr