Well, it's April, and for me that means that it's National Costume Finishing Month! I'm hoping to finish up Saber, Helga, and Caterina for it, but my real goal is to finish the green taffeta gown. I've already finished the embroidery for 1 1/2 sleeve panels, but there are 12 panels in total, so I haven't exactly made allot of progress. Still, once the sleeves are finished up I can finally put the bodice together, which I'm so excited about that it's silly. I've also decided that, while I love my French hood, I want a new little headdress to wear with it, especially since the veil will interfere with the Medici collar that I plan to make for it. I also found a picture of this wonderfully ornate wire supportasse, so I'm going to try my hand at something new. I really hope to finish up everything so that I can still wear it, at least once, to Scarborough Faire, but there's still so much to be done. Thankfully, Middlefaire has added a few weekends in July, so if I don't get a chance to wear it to Scarby, then Middlefaire will, once again, be the place for the new gown to debut.
Oh, speaking of Scarborough, I wore the Buttercream gown to opening day, along with my new French hood and Elizabethan jewelry, and I have new pictures to share!