Thursday, April 29, 2010

A bit of progress

Well, I spent the day working on the green polonaise. I'm somewhat regretting not using the right side of the fabric, but I still think that the high shine of the satin would just look terrible under natural light. Sure, it looks really nice and sumptuous under dim lighting, but under better lighting it looks just awful, so I think I made the right choice.
Anyway, I made the entire petticoat today, save for the waistband. It was much more time consuming that I originally thought it was going to be since 1) I didn't go with my first instinct and make a plain petticoat, but made a ruffled hem instead, and 2) I didn't have a thread that matched the fabric colour, so instead I hemmed it with a machine embroidery stitch in metallic gold. It looks nice, though, so I'm pleased.
The only other thing I managed today was to add the sleeves to the bodice. I still need to make the ruffles and make the trimmings, though. The overskirt is assembled and draped, but I still need to hem it and attach it to the bodice. So, at this point, it's mainly finishing that remains. Here's a pic of today's progress:

No comments:

Post a Comment