Sunday, March 20, 2011

I think she's dead. (No, I'm not!)

I know, I know, I've been horribly inattentive. Things have been slow in the sewing department lately, but they've picked up considerably in the past couple of months!

Firstly, I have almost a dozen commissions I'm working on finishing up over the next couple of months, mostly anime stuff for some upcoming conventions. I'm thinking of setting up a new section to show off commission stuff, but haven't decided yet. Whether I do or not, I'll be sure to show them off when they're all complete.

Secondly, I'm starting to get out of anime cosplay. Truth was, I never was that into anime in the first place, and after having to deal with the anime community for a little too long, I've decided to return to what I really like - historical and sci-fi costuming. Odd combination, ne?

I have a confession to make - I've been a die-hard Trekkie since I was about 5 years old. I've denied my roots for long enough, but now I'm returning home! I have the exciting opportunity to go to the big convention in Las Vegas in August this year, and am insanely excited about it. And, of course, this means I have a whole load of costumes planned - A Romulan Tal-Shiar officer, a Cardassian soldier, and a Federation scant uniform. I also just finished up my Monster Maroon uniform (The Wrath of Khan), which I adore, and is ready to go.

I also have the exciting opportunity to share a booth with a lady that does latex prosthetics and custom hair pieces, so I'll be able to display a costume at the convention, with a book of my work for people to look through, and hopefully considered commissioning me. Since Klingons are ever-popular in the Star Trek world, I plan to have a Klingon uniform ready, which I'll be working on over the summer, after classes are out.

So, very exciting stuff happening!

It's also the start of festival season, which means allot of opportunities for running around in costume. Four Winds Faire and Scarborough will both be going on in April, and the local Japanese Festival is upcoming, so there'll be plenty of new pictures coming up.

Changes to the site are also upcoming. I'm wanting to streamline things, get rid of a bit of the clutter, but since I didn't really go about things smartly when I set everything up, it may take a while. x.x

Anyway, that's the news! I'll have pictures of finished commissions up soon, as well as updates to some of the other projects on here. I also have a couple of new historical gowns in the works. I'll try to get everything updated as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr