Monday, December 19, 2011

Lots and lots of stuff!

Okay, okay, so I should have posted a bit more often. After all, it's been a while since my last update of any substance!  I did put together the nagabakama tutorial, but that's not the only thing I've been working on.

I had finals.

Then, I started sewing again.

First up, Queen Esther!  I probably should have done more work on her by now. After all, there's a lot of hand sewing and beading that I could be doing. But, after running out of trim for yet another time, I hit a mental block that I just don't think I'll be able to get past until I get my hands on more trim.  But! The good news is that I'm only a couple of feet away from finishing the skirt, and I have the top of one sleeve finished!



The skirt is not going to look the same when it's finished. I plan to cartridge pleat it into a waistband once I have the last bit of trim applied. But, this is the current state of the gown until I manage to buy more trim.

Next up, the dress I've planned to wear to New Year's.  The Lord of Lace is having a party with a Sideshow/Circus theme. He has decided to go as a Rococo Bearded Lady, and he asked me to join him in Rococo-ness (no, don't twist my arm!), so I making myself a new ensemble for my Rococo Tattooed Lady!



I wanted to show off my tattooed legs (tattoo patterned tights, FTW!), so I needed to make a new set of shorter panniers.  I used leftover fabric from my nagabakama and some hoop boning I had on hand and threw them together.  
I'm currently working on the skirt. The bottom layer is a simple tulle skirt that's a bit longer than the over layer, which is going to be made of several layers of tulle petals that are trimmed with black lace and completely blinged out with crystals. Not sure on what the bodice will be quite yet, but I'm working on it!

Third on the list, is my Tal-Shiar officer uniform. When I ran out of lace for the Tattooed Lady project, I took this off of the in-progress rack and started back up on it.  I assembled the back panels and did a bit of fitting. I need to still quilt the one side-front panel, and both of the back panels, before I can work on those signature gigantic sleeves.



Last, but not least, I've started work on a new prosthetic sculpt. The first officer of my ship (chapter of Starfleet International), asked me to help him bring his Denobulan character to life. So, I broke out the clay and started scuplting! 




So far, so good. Next step is to cast the forehead in plaster before moving on to sculpting the ears and chin.

So, see!  I have been doing stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment