Monday, October 13, 2014

Still alive!

I didn't realize how long it's been since I've posted on this blog until I checked it the other day. Eep! July?!

I have been working on some sewing projects between classes, but real life has taken such a left turn lately that it's been sort of overwhelming my free time, and I've just been trying to handle switching jobs (I'm finally working in a museum! yay!), and keeping up with my schoolwork. I've been putting in a stitch here and there when I can, but things have been so hectic that I just haven't finished anything recently. :-/

I also will be doing fewer events in the future, since my museum job requires me to work on weekends, and all the costume events are on Saturdays. :( I've been trying to organize some evening events, like nights at the ballet, dinners out, etc, so I can have a few costume events to look forward to, and there is one coming up in December (1900s ballgowns for the Nutcracker ballet!), so I have that to look forward to.

Other than that, all of my energy is being focused on getting my wardrobe ready for New Orleans. Farmer's Almanac is predicting a nasty, cold winter, so I've shifted my focus from gowns to cold-weather gear, like wool pelisses, muffs, warm hats, and things like that. I'm actually rather excited for making accessories, I've always wanted to have a muff for winter! :D I think I may even splurge a little and order a pair of American Duchess's Regency walking boots to keep my feet nice and toasty. ^^

I'll have pics of finished stuff soon (I hope), but it's all rather boring stuff, since I've been working mainly on chemises and petticoats, and they're not much fun to look at. I do plan to have a single post for all the Regency undies once they're finished, since they're pretty much just copies of the same thing, a half dozen times over. XP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr