Friday, August 14, 2015

Netherfield Ball

Yikes! I didn't realize how far behind I had fallen in my blogging until I started looking back for posts about one thing or another, and finding that they weren't there! Oh dear...bad blogger, bad!

The Netherfield Ball was hosted by the Jane Austen Society's North Texas chapter. They only hold the ball every other year, so I was desperate to go this year. I was holding out on purchasing tickets because of budget restraints, and before I knew it, ticket sales had closed and I was left high and dry. Thankfully, I had wonderful friends who came to my rescue with an extra ticket, and I was able to go, after all!

Because I didn't think I'd make it to the Ball, I didn't make anything new for it. I pulled the green ballgown out of my closet and took it to work with me, made a mad dash with hair and makeup after my shift ended, dressed, and drove to Dallas just in time to meet my friends for dinner.

Of course, dinner out meant we arrived at the Ball rather late. But, the timing turned out to be perfect, since they were taking a short break between sets, and we had a chance to check out the hall, chat with some people, and generally get settled in before the dancing started up again.



The dancing was lively, and none of us were wanting of partners the entire evening, as several gentlemen stepped up and asked to dance with us. I was very pleasantly surprised at the number of gentlemen in attendance!




It was fun to try and guess who had used what pattern for which gown throughout the evening. There was one very finely dressed gentelman in Laughing Moon's patterns, a couple of ladies in the Sensibility pattern, and a few unidentified gowns floating through the room.

In all, the evening was a great deal of fun. There's been word that there will be no ball next year, so I'll have to look forward to 2017 for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr