Thursday, May 26, 2011

Black and Gold Bustle Gown

Since I haven't put up an individual post for the Black and Gold bustle gown yet, I thought it was high time that I did!
I really, really, really wish that I could find the fashion plate that I based this gown off of. I made the dress 10 years ago, and I could have sworn that I had the plate in a book somewhere, but I honestly cannot find it. If I do, I'll definitely post an edit to this post and include it, but as it is right now, it's in the ether.
The gown is all poly taffeta. Instead of ruching, which is what was in the fashion plate, I got lazy and just used some fringe that hadn't been unstrung, and stitched it down on both sides. Thankfully, this creates a nice textural effect, so after all this time, I'm still mostly okay with it. The fake ruching is outlined by lines of gimp braid.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice piece and as (in from what I can tell) is typical to your work, beautifully executed craftsmanship!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr