Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Frontier Days Guild Meetup

Bah! I'm a bit behind in posting. ^^; But, that's okay, I'll catch up!
Saturday was the meetup of the DFW Costumer's Guild to take in the Frontier Days festival in the Fort Worth Stockyards. I was soooo happy that I managed to pull together an outfit in time! I had underestimated my alterations, though, so I literally had to be sewn into my bodice before heading out. ^^; Still, it ended up looking good, so I'm still happy with it. I wish I could find the original fashion plate again, I'd love to be able to show you the inspiration for the dress.

I hadn't been to the stockyards in yeeears, so it was nice to see how many improvements had been made! I met up with some friends before the meetup, and we had lunch at Risky's Steakhouse, which was amazing. We then all headed for the train station to meet up with the Guild. We had about an hour to kill before our train ride, so we all chatted and snapped pictures.

The Stockyards have been around in one form or another since 1866, and the Tarantula Train has been running since 1876. It now makes scenic runs through Fort Worth, and from Grapevine to Fort Worth. We all bought first class tickets for the Trinity River Run, which was to run an hour and take us past downtown.

The Trinity River Run was...err...not so scenic. It went through allot of industrial areas, we crossed the river twice, and most of the things that were being pointed out were obscured by trees. But, the conversations were fantastic, and it was great fun hanging out with the Guild! Everyone looked amazing, and we had everything from 1860s to the 1940s represented. I'm really looking forward to their next event.

The dress held up really well, especially for being stitched together at the last minute. Erin, Shay, and I tramped through the Stockyards after the train ride and snapped costume shots. There are so many great locations there, it was a goldmine for costume photos!



Erin snapped a good 700 shots when we were at the event, so there are more to come, but I wanted to get some pics up to share all the costume goodness. Most of the pics above are by Erin, some are by Jen Thompson, and some are from my camera phone. More to come!

1 comment:

Flickr