Saturday, June 11, 2011

Commission - Suleyman

This costume was worn by the character of Suleyman in the series Trinity Blood. There are three different versions of this costume - the anime, manga, and artbook versions, the artbook being the most elaborate version. My customer wanted something like the manga version to keep costs down but still have a nice bit of detailing to it.
The coat is made from the 'wrong' side of some Casa satin. I loved the colour, but didn't like the shine on the 'right' side of the fabric, so I used the dull side instead, which I think looks much better. The white details are silk essence, and the gold detailing was all done with gold lame. I'll hopefully have some pictures of my customer in the costume after this weekend, since she'll be wearing it at A-kon. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr